This blog has moved to http://www.emmawaight.co.uk/website/

Saturday 8 January 2011

New Year



Firstly, happy new year! I've been busy with work and family etc for the last couple of weeks, but should be getting back into things more now. Sadly, the year hasn't got off to a good start with a death in the family and having a few days of illness, but I'm looking forward to 2011! There are two major goals for this year - one is to get a PhD studentship, two is to start my own small business - a lingerie fashion label (quality, ethical of course). If I have started one by the end of the year I'll be super happy. I hope to continue my research into sustainability and work towards making a real difference to the world in some way. I think one of my key achievements for last year was boosting my confidence when it comes to public speaking, and that's something I want to build on this year too. I will start each day saying 'Today I will be the best I can be!'

Also, I want to share these pictures with you. I'm still cataloging needle work tools at the museum, and I came across these this week. The pictures don't really do them justice, but they are delightful needle work boxes, one full of ivory bits and pieces, the other mother of pearl. They are from the 18th and 19th Century. This would have been a prize possession for the lady of the house and its lovely that they have survived as two sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment