This blog has moved to http://www.emmawaight.co.uk/website/

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Survey Update

I have now finished designing the questionnaire for my thesis. My thesis question,

How are fashion companies currently communicating to consumers the environmental and social impacts of producing a cotton garment at the point of sale? has required two main research methods - case study, and survey.

The aim of the survey is to find out what the public know about sustainable textiles, and their priorities when shopping. Choosing the sample was difficult because ideally, it would be representative of everyone in the country, but that's too much work just for me! I chose a sample of 18 to 30 year olds because they are the most likely to shop regularly and buy fast fashion, but also they are part of a generation which is having to think more sustainably and will have to change their habits as time goes by. I'm hoping to get a good couple of hundred responses at least. I'm really interested to see what answers people give, because as this has been my life for the last year, its easy to forget that not everyone thinks in the same way as me, or even cares!


No comments:

Post a Comment